Modal auxiliary verbs are auxiliary verbs that are used with the base form of the main verb to talk about ability, permission, willingness, possibility, obligation or deduction.
Complete this modal auxiliary verbs worksheet using these modal auxiliary verbs: be able to, cannot, could, have to, may, should, will, would like, would rather.
- I don’t drink coffee. I __________ take tea.
- He has a skin problem. He __________ see a doctor.
- We __________ always try our best.
- I __________ a piece of cake please.
- He fell in the river. Luckily, he __________ swim to shore.
- There is some mistake. This __________ be mine.
- Look at the dark sky! It __________ rain anytime.
- I __________ help you. The teacher says so.
- You are my best friend. I __________ never forget you.
- She __________ play the piano when she was four years old.