A verb is in the active voice when the subject is the doer of an action. A verb is in the passive voice when the subject is the receiver of an action.
Rewrite the following sentences, changing the verbs from the active voice to the passive voice.
- She thanked him.
- They are building a school.
- You were painting your room.
- The man saved the child.
- The people proclaimed him king.
- He will have repaired the fence.
- The gardener is digging a hole.
- Kate has redecorated the living room.
- She keeps her shoes in their boxes.
- I will set a time frame for completing this task.