A verb is in the active voice when the subject is the doer of an action. A verb is in the passive voice when the subject is the receiver of an action. An active sentence contains a verb in the active voice. A passive sentence contains a verb in the passive voice.
Fill in the blanks with A or P. Write A when the verb is in the active voice. Write P when the verb is in the passive voice.
- I have learned my lesson. ____
- The cat caught a mouse. ____
- The book was written by him. ____
- Everyone laughed at her. ____
- Dinner will be served in ten minutes. ____
- Someone has tampered with this lock. ____
- He directed a movie. ____
- She was elected class president. ___
- He gave her a watch. ____
- She is being helped by her brother. ____